http://www.makepovertyhistory.org <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3794154?origin\x3dhttp://mom-on-the-net.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

cosmomama


The power of an e-mail

Friday, November 14, 2003

I have no idea, so I post my posting on Dot Moms


The power of an e-mail

by Rieke


My 7-year-old son is just like any other kid: he likes to eat junk food, and drink soft drinks. Even growing up in Indonesia, he likes the chicken that is made by a grandpa from KFC and the burger from two arches. I had told him not to eat them regularly,but kids nowadays need a clear reason, so he asks, "Why??"

I explained to him how the hormone that's used in producing the chicken could affect his reproduction, but what does a 7-year-old know about hormones? So I must find another explanation.

One day, at the beginning of 2002, I got an e-mail about how they produce chicken (especially the fat ones) to get more meat, and I know it just a hoax e-mail, but it's a chance for me to explain to him. The e-mail contained pictures too, so I had to show him, and I hoped it would change his opinion.

The pictures showed the chicken without any feathers and it was disgusting. I ordered him to read the e-mail, with a little voice-over from me: "Hi Dip. Look at the chicken. Aren't they suffering without any feathers? If the rains come, they could get cold, and do you want to eat a chicken like this? They have suffered enough to serve their meatfor you. Don't you have a sense of animal rights?"

I just made this up as I went. He just shut up and listened. And then he said: "Oh, yes, mom. I feel sorry for them, they are really suffering. And yuck.. I think I feel disgusting looking at these pictures."

So, he's done with the junk food. Sorry grandpa, you just lost one of your million customers. And same with the soft drinks, when I got an hoax e-mail about Coca-Cola saying that it contains the same liquid used for cleaning up the bathroom.


Yup, e-mail is very effective for me :)

 





     DILARANG PROTES dan me-NGENYEK-i POSTING ya!
            

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home